Saturday 2 May 2015

Rosie's Food Project

Recently in class we have been working on a project in which we have to find a picture of food which we believe represents or describes ourselves, which we will eventually paint. When I was deciding how to set u my picture, I had to think of composition and the colours I was using because these would also reflect on the message of the painting.

For my final image I chose an onion and a spice (dill) I chose these because the spice represented he fact that even though I am just a tiny part of something larger, I still am very important and contain a very important 'flavour' and the onion that I was more than meets the eye and that I have different layers to me. I also think that the colours of these two ingredients go well together and with the plate I have used. The picture is quite minimalist and does not contain very complex and intricate things because I have hardly painted properly before and did not want to jump straight into the deep end. I also think keeping it simple will hopefully help me build some basic skills which will help me in the future.

The picture I have chosen to paint

3 comments:

  1. Hi rose,, I love the pic, very good plating too!! looking at this tickles my senses :) YOu are quite tiny aren't you hehe x keep up the good work (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathleen!!!! Thanks for the feedback.... glad you like the picture! ;)

      Delete
  2. Hi Rosie. The simplicity of this picture really emphasises the composition in it, and I think it was very well done!

    ReplyDelete