Sunday 15 March 2015

Shanaya Ramchandani

Hey, I’m Shanaya Ramchandani! I am 14 years old. I am of Indian origin and I’ve lived in Sydney, Australia for seven years. My hometown is Mumbai in India and currently, I am living in Singapore. I just moved to UWCSEA this academic year and I moved to Singapore in June 2014. My hobbies include art, swimming and dance and I am learning professional Indian Classical dance. I have a younger brother who is 9 years old. These two paintings that I have made are a sequence and they are based on the Hindu God Krishna, and his beloved Radha. The lotus is of big symbolism in Hindu mythology so I decide to include that in my painting. Krishna plays the flute which also has symbolism. He is portrayed to be a bluish colour as apparently he was born from a lotus flower with its petals tinted blue and white. I hope you like this sequence of paintings, and I might add a third painting to the current two. I have made a few other canvases which you might see on this blog in the near future.
Thanks,
Shanaya Ramchandani.

9 comments:

  1. These works make me remember the first time I saw an original Marc Chagall in Germany, Shanaya. They are beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Shanaya! These are really cool paintings, also thanks so much for the description hat helped me understand the painting more. The style of the paintings is cool and I look forward to seeing the third painting that you are hoping to add to the collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shanaya!
    I think it's really amazing how you were able to paint a picture about your culture and you managed it so well! As Rosie said, thank you for the explanation it helped me understand a lot more about the paintings. I really like the style you painted in, really angled and smooth lines it's really unique and make the painting seem really different from others. I can't wait to see your future canvas works! -Bohye

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is astonishing! I love art that relates to culture and religion because there is so much meaning behind it. I love the red as a background because it compliments the blue and pink used throughout the foreground of the pieces. You mentioned the symbolism of a lotus, does that symbolism mean anything to you personally? For improvement in the future maybe line the pieces in black, I can see you did it in some places but I think it would really make the piece jump out more. You could alternate between thick and thin lines as you see fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Simone! No, the lotus don't have any symbolism to me and thanks for the advice!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Rosie, Bo Hye and iPad art room! :) it means a lot and thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much Rosie, Bo Hye and iPad art room! :) it means a lot and thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much Rosie, Bo Hye and iPad art room! :) it means a lot and thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete