Sunday 3 May 2015

Rafael's Food Photography

One of our most recent projects in art was food photography. This food that we were supposed to take a photo of had to define you as a person. As you can see I chose dumplings. I feel this defines me as dumplings can be cooked in many different ways: fried, steamed, grilled, etc.  There are also a variety of options to be placed inside the dumpling such as vegetables, chicken or pork.
It is a quite versatile dish and I think of myself as an adaptable type of person. It is an also Asian dish and I am also from the Philippines.

6 comments:

  1. Hello I'm Chloe from XIS. I love fried dumplings. This photo is nice and makes me hungry ;) The angle you took it is interesting, I like it. What is inside the dumpling? Also what is the sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is Mary from XIS. i think the photot you took for the dumping is really nice, the lighting and color is perfect, which makes the food looks super delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Raf, I definitely agree with Mary from XIS that the lighting and colors in your photo are great however I also like you depth of field in the photo. Hope to see more photos like this from you. Alard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Raf, I like how you have used a different angle in this photo which helps make it more interesting. The quality of this picture is very good and your analogy is really good, too! I can't wait to see the painting when it is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Raf, I love your photo. Looking at it makes me hungry! I love what the dumplings symbol too! I think it could have been cool if you had a variety of dumplings on the plate, for example, 1 steamed, 1 fried, 1 grilled, etc. Overall great photo and I think the angle, coloring, and lighting it perfect. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rafael, I really like how you had the dish curve with the lines, so then my eyes would follow the line created by the food. My suggestion for you would be to take the photo from a different perspective; because I feel that I am looking at the photo sideways.

    ReplyDelete