Sunday 22 March 2015

Alex's Art


Hi, My name is Alex, and I’m 14. I’m British and Japanese. This my first year at UWCSEA, but it is my fourth year in Singapore. I like to play sports (such as running, softball and netball). I also play the violin, guitar and ukulele, and I love music in general.

I’d say that my favourite type of art is doodling, because I really like to draw patterns. When I’m told to draw or paint on the spot, I find it impossible, and don’t like to do it.
Below, you can see my Chiang Mai looking log. This is one of the projects I have enjoyed most this year, and I tried to use as many different forms of art as I could.
Thanks!


4 comments:

  1. Hey Alex! I really like how your looking log as it is attractive to the eye and also because of your large use of a different variety of colours. The one I like the most is your elephant due to how it uses a lot of text around the outside of the elephant. What I could suggest is hat on the flower that you half drew, you can bold the lines that you drew so that it is more clear in the photo. I cannot see it very well but when you use a maker to bold it, the viewer will be able to see much clearer. But overall, it looks really good lad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Arjun! I'll make sure that next time I'll try to bold it more for next time. I'm glad that you liked my looking log!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Arjun! I'll make sure that next time I'll try to bold it more for next time. I'm glad that you liked my looking log!

      Delete
  2. Hi Alex! Your looking log looks really cool! I can see you have used lots of different forms of art like you said you would which is really good. I especially like the watercolour sky on the top left. The colour and texture is really cool. Although you say you say that you do not enjoy painting I am looking forward to seeing your food painting because I am sure that you will use your experience from this project to make your painting the best it can be. You might even find that you actually enjoy painting!

    ReplyDelete