Sunday 15 March 2015

Rosie Clark

Hello. My name is Rosie and I am 14 years old. Both my parents are from the UK but I have lived in Singapore for almost 11 years. I joined UWCSEA in grade 3 and I am now in grade 8 so this is my sixth year here. I have an older sister called Amy who is turning 16 in May.

I have always enjoyed art class as it is different to other academic classes and is more open and creative. I enjoy drawing and using watercolours and other different materials such as charcoal. One of my favourite pieces of mine this year was my looking log, which was a booklet inspired by Singapore and Thailand. I liked it because we could use different media and it was very personal in what you decided to draw and paint. I started half of my booklet in Singapore, before our trip to Thailand as a class and then began the other pages in Thailand.

Displaying 10899733_790051874416474_1874135064_n.jpg

The column on the right was inspired by Singapore and it’s culture and the column on the left was inspired by the things I saw and learnt in Chiang Mai.

I am looking forward to art for the rest of the year and seeing what the other students from around the world are sharing.

Rosie Clark

4 comments:

  1. Rosie, I love the way you have zoomed in on some tiny details that visitors to Chang Mai may have missed. Thank you for allowing your viewers to see something they may not have perceived without your help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rosie, your Chiang Mai Looking Log looks amazing and I liked the way you explored different artistic techniques and focused on specific things that inspired you. I am looking forward to seeing more of your artworks. A question I have for you is what is your favourite form of art (paintings, drawings, photography, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rosie, I really like this piece with multiple pieces on because there are so many different things to look at. Overall it's really colorful and eye-catching. However I especially found the elephant head one special, I think it was a very smart choice to use white pen on dark paper as it made the art work stand out!
    This artwork is really amazing and I can't wait to see your other works! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rosie, I really like this piece with multiple pieces on because there are so many different things to look at. Overall it's really colorful and eye-catching. However I especially found the elephant head one special, I think it was a very smart choice to use white pen on dark paper as it made the art work stand out!
    This artwork is really amazing and I can't wait to see your other works! :)

    ReplyDelete